BEAUTIFULLY RENOVATED CORNER HOUSE WITH FANTASTIC FREE VIEWS FROM FRONT AND BACK, 2 BATHROOMS, 5 BEDROOMS, HUGE LIVING KITCHEN AND GARDEN ON THE SOUTHWEST IN ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL AREAS OF VOORBURG!
Location Finally a nice renovated house in a beautiful historic area that has recently been designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site! The location is ideal within walking distance of the historic center of Voorburg and Rijswijk with many restaurants, specialty stores and shops. The house is also around the corner from the monumental park Arentsburgh and the Vliet. Public transport is within walking distance with connections to The Hague (10 min), Rotterdam (20 min) and Amsterdam (40 min). There are many schools in the area. The international schools are also nearby (British School Leidschenveen/Mariahoeve a 10-minute drive, British/American/International School in The Hague, Wassenaar and Voorschoten a 15-minute drive).
The Arentsburgh site was first built in the 15th century by Jacob Arentz, who would become the namesake of the country estate. In the 19th century, remains of a Roman city (Forum Hadriani) were found to lie beneath the site. This makes Arentsburgh Park an important archaeological area.
The house was completely renovated in 2020, with the living space on the ground floor being enormously enlarged with an eye for sight lines and light. This has created a very spacious kitchen that is designed in neutral tones. In addition, two new bathrooms have been built, floors have been renewed and insulated, the meter cupboard and HR central heating boiler have been replaced, the gardens have been tackled, etc.! This house is ready to inhabit.
Layout Ground floor
• Driveway with entrance through the side of the front garden. Hall with tiles, separate wall closet (Duravit, 2020), sink and new meter cupboard.
• Dining area with plenty of light, a view of the backyard and French doors
• Huge kitchen diner (2020) with built-in appliances, black Quooker, black concertina doors, underfloor heating and a view of the monumental park Arentsburgh
• Spacious front room with unobstructed view of the playing field
• Separate storage room next to the kitchen
• Cellar First floor
• Bedroom with two closets
• Spacious second bedroom
• Third bedroom with space for washing machine and dryer
• Renewed bathroom (2020) with walk-in shower, bath, double sink, design radiator
• Separate toilet (Duravit, 2020)
• Fourth and fifth bedroom
• Second bathroom (2020) with toilet (Duravit, 2020), walk-in shower, design radiator and furniture
• Landing with HR combi boiler installed in built-in cupboard under sloping roof section
• Sunny backyard on the southwest
• Redesigned front and back garden in 2020
• HR combi boiler (2020)
• Floor BG fully insulated
• Underfloor heating in kitchen
• Roof insulated
• Double glass
• New dormer windows
• Energy label D Characteristics
• Living area 173m2
• Plot area: 257m2
• Content house: 683m3
• Year of construction: 1950
Read full description